The Gypsy Rose

The Gypsy Rose

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hanging Pictures and Good news from my Doc!

 This is the 3M product, found at Target, Wal-Mart and the like

 Oldest daughter Amy has given us a series of pieces made of hammered metal (the chili peppers) and youngest daughter Tracie drew the kitty.
 This little painting by Tracie is one of our favorites...right above Mom's sink!
 Tracie's artwork in our bedroom
 In the bathroom...by Tracie
The two favoritest favorites...Palm tree metal from Amy, painting of a palm-tree Christmas by Tracie


Now for the good news!!  My orthopedic surgeon has come across a topical pain reliever that actually is supposed to work on nerve pain...it's compounded at a pharmacy in Alabama, goes down into the skin an entire inch, and will be mailed to me sometime soon.  If this works for me as well as some of his other patients...I could be off morphine soon!!!!!!

Combined with the warmer climates we'll be in, and I'm sure I'll still have to take hydros for breakthrough pain...but I can live with that just fine!  Oh, to no longer be Mother Morphine's slave...I'd try not to get my hopes up, but they already are.  I felt like hugging my doc!  Our 'action plan' since the botox stopped working has been to keep me out of pain and wait for research to catch up.  Dystonia, you don't own me!!!  This is MY body and I want it back!

I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers sent this way.  I still haven't heard a tally on how much was raised this last week, but as soon as I know, I'll make it known.  Oh, where Oh, where are the media when young folks are doing good?!  I spoke with Tawney's Mom this week, and she, too, is amazed and blessed by all the young 'kids' that are there for her heart-broken daughter.  It's so comforting to know that over 200 of us parents raised our kids right!  And those are just the young folks that I know about...I'm sure there were several who couldn't make the different fundraisers and gatherings.  Some of the kids' friends are away in the military, as well.

May we all remember to be as kind and generous as these young folks as we fight the traffic and get all hot and sweaty and short-fused out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment