The Gypsy Rose

The Gypsy Rose

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Whadda ya mean it doesn't fit!!

Oh, my....when I took a look at my new oven...my heart sank to my ankles!  There's only HOW MUCH room?!  Are you kidding me??  LOL!  I had bought some nice new cookie sheets, you know, the much smaller kind....yeah, they don't fit either.  Moving a household into an RV is an exercise in honesty.  How much 'stuff' do you honestly need, cuz ya ain't got much room!

As I look at each item, I almost kick myself for 'wasting' money on the things we cannot take.  Did it give me pleasure when I bought it? Did I use it?  Then it was worth it.  Pirate just took all of the ties and suits he had amassed, and yes, amassed is the right word here, down to the Shelter.  He was astounded by how many ties he owned.  Oh, the things we take along with us on this journey called life.

We probably really needed these 'things' when we purchased them.  Why else would they be here, right? With limited space, you are forced to rethink everything.  If it's really, really necessary, you'll find a spot for it.  But at the sacrifice of something else!  I thought I had already pared down my wardrobe...HA!  With only two drawers, three very small shelves, and half of a small closet (which part of my side is taken up by the Splendid Splendide) I'm a little be overwhelmed!  And what am I going to put in some of the other cupboards?  The ones above the couch...what will go there?  What will go here, what will go there...Holy Moly!!

I guess I've taken a long enough break...so it's back at it!  Hope everyone is having a super fantastic day....

2 comments:

  1. I remember years ago when I was a manager of Famous Brands Housewares up in Post Falls at the outlet mall there was a couple who pulled up in a HUUUGGGEEE RV they hadn't had it very long and they had stop to pick up all that they needed to help them get organized in their new home. They had waited a couple weeks to live in it before shopping for all the stuff. We actually let them pull up right outside our front doors and take stuff and try it before they made their purchases. They were SOOOOO excited to finally get organized and find all the cool gadgety stuff for streamling living in an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish!! That would be so cool to be able to do that...I just hope those little gadgets I bought and can't use can at least work for Pirate out in the garage. HE has his work cut out for him, too. He had the garage crammed to the gills, and now he has to make it all fit into a 12' x 8'6" area...while staying under our weight limit and leaving room for the 800 lbs bike.

    ReplyDelete