The Gypsy Rose

The Gypsy Rose

Friday, April 15, 2011

6 months without our Pal

 

203071_1398609988_3631924_n

It’s hard to wrap my head around it…it seems like Boone has been gone forever, and at the same time it seems like he should walk around the corner or be sleeping in his chair. 

We know that he was here to do a ‘job’ and that job was over.  He signed up to be my Pal, my baby, my confident, my sweet sweet boy…my Service Dog, by cohort in crime! Big Sigh!

He was truly an amazing young man, and I miss him so much.  I still haven’t been able to part with all of his toys, but I know I’m going to have to pick just a few and be happy with it.  Moving into an RV is going to be a real blessing, as it is forcing Pirate and I to deal with his death in a permanent way.  Like we really have a choice, huh?! Smile

It is impossible to describe how special Boone was.  But if you’d met him, you’d know.  He had the charisma to wrap anyone around his paw, especially the ladies.  Oh, my, was he ever a ladies man.  I take comfort in knowing that I did not miss a minute of his life, I soaked it all up and didn’t take it for granted.  Yep, he was spoiled…as all animals SHOULD be!!  We always joked that Boone must be the reincarnation of someone very, very special!  He was treated like a Prince and gave back to us ten-fold. 

 

WE MISS YOU, BOONE LEROY COZART!!

No comments:

Post a Comment