The Gypsy Rose

The Gypsy Rose

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cool Breezes ~* ~*

The Condo's old 1974 model AC was only a half ton model and was so loud...jet engine comes to mind, seriously.  The boys revved it up to one and a half ton and it's so quiet I thought something was wrong...it's really, really quiet compared to the lumbering cacophony we were used to.  It's also much quieter in the condo without the fans and the portable going.  Another biggie off the check list. Pirate also spoke with our attorney today to make sure we're on track with everything and about the Ford F 350 mis-adventures.

It's very early Wednesday morning, and today is the day I get to move into my new home in earnest.  We WILL be sleeping out there tonight.  As soon as Pirate gets the portable unit out there and all set up, I'll move the computer stuff and do my blogging from the Gypsy Rose!!  I am going to leave Willie's treefort in the condo until we get back from the Class Reunion since he will be staying with Trace.  After we return, Willie's going in!  We need to 'pre view' these two after many  hours of being in the RV...not just a day here, over-night there.  Let's see if they start chipping on each other after three straight days.  I want to know how to make it easier on them now while their vets and groomers are all still here to help me.  If I need to make more secure 'hidey' spots, Willie will let me know after about three days of exploring!

Pull Out Time is a mere three days now.  We won't even been in town for to much longer, although it seems so far away. . . but September 21st we head south and that's little more than a month away.  Saturday, though...that's DAY ONE of full-timing for us and we're so excited!!  It has been a long, wonderful, trying, crazy, frustrating, learning and growing experience these last two years:

I remember reading the Groene's book on my Kindle about RVing after we decided we'd look that direction rather than leave the country for a permanent Tropical Latitude. I was in after the second or third chapter.  Pirate took a little longer before he was 100% on board with it.  I was the one who got to dream, decide, research, run the numbers...so of course I was excited!  I knew we could do it, and actually, live more affordably on the road than staying put.  Pirate was the one who had to figure out how to make it all work, how he was going to care for his Bride...   Now, here we are!!  We are standing right before that moment and it feels so good.  Seeing the Gypsy Rose for the first time was also one of those moments.  I love our Gypsy Rose and look forward to creating memories and meeting friends for many years to come.

Hold on...it's sure gonna be a fun ride!!

4 comments:

  1. Makes me remember how I felt when we were ready to start full timing in 2009. Now I get that feeling every time we're ready to move to a new area of the country that we haven't seen yet. It is such a fabulous life style. You are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only three more days!..I know you know how lucky you are!!..happy 'move in' day!!..so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Pretty exciting news, the next 3 days should be fun and fast as you prepare to hit the road.

    ReplyDelete