The Gypsy Rose

The Gypsy Rose

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vaping is my new hobby, LOL!

Well, it's been 28 days of vaping today.  I couldn't be happier to give up these nasty, nasty cigs.  I have found that Blu, while their marketing is pretty slick and they have 'bright shiny objects' which attract kitties of all kinds, their product just does not hold up.  I'm kinda sorry I went off about now.


If you are a heavy smoker, Blu just ain't gonna do it for ya.  Just won't.  The batteries don't last as long as they claim, their site has 'testimonials' from the same people on at least 2 other sites I found (with different pictures, of course, of course)...it's not even keeping Pirate off the analogs, and he's a light smoker.  


I had to order a new starter kit, and still ordered another two batteries.  It's the only way to limp thru with Blu...that could be their new advertising campaign:  Trying to quit? Limp thru...with Blu!!


I ordered 2 510 pass through's for us...USB keeps you powered, and since it does have a battery ( a nice BIG one) you can break away from your power source for an extended time.  You can even hook it up to a car charger and vape in the rig, but if your unit then won't turn on...remove the battery for a few and replace.  Something about the polarity not working with all car chargers??


I plan to use the pass through mostly, with the Blu as back up or for situations where the pass through isn't practical.  Mainly will use the Blu when we're out and about.  Thank goodness we have 6 batteries or it would be a very short journey.


Please note, while I am disappointed in Blu's long-term performance, I am not disappointed with vaping.  Since most folks smoke because they like to smoke, I figure I will probably wean down to 0 nic and still vape for that hand-to-mouth issue.  


This is the first time I've 'quit' and not gained weight!! I am very happy about that!  Even though things taste SO much better now, my appetite isn't raging like usual.  


Totally in love with vaping, the peeps on the forums and you tube...what a wonderful community.  It's almost like that 'bonding' that smokers have carried over to vaping.  Thanks, Guys! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment